5 "Be's" of Website Design
When it comes to creating a website, there are lot's of things to consider. Who's your audience? What do you want people to do when they arrive at your website? What do you want customers to think about your business based on your website?
Here are a "Be's" to make the best website possible.
1. Be authentic- More than anything, your website needs to represent your brand and your business. The best way to achieve this is to be authentic. Let your website speak for you. When I started www.thesocialsquare.com I wanted my website to represent simplicity because the majority of my customers don't have a background in communications. I wanted everything to be crisp and easy to access.
2. Be bold-Being authentic doesn't mean your website has to be boring! Choose images that are bright and captivating to help create the message you want to send. Be bold, but don't go too crazy! No leopard prints please (unless you sell leopard printed items :)
3. Be unified- This is easier said than done. Your website speaks for your brand so make sure all of your communication pieces across all platforms speak the same language. Try to use the same photos from your website on social media and vice versa. Use the same fonts and colors throughout the website.
4. Be original- Originality will make your website stand out against competitors. No matter what business you're in, think of ways to make your website original and creative. This will keep people coming back for more.
5. Be smart- The most important advice I can give to any client is to be smart when thinking of website designs. Start researching before you create a website the types of websites that peak your interest. Be smart simply means use good judgement and think about your website from the customer's point of view. Don't create a website strictly based on what YOU want but consider what your customers NEED and make it happen.